A plantain salve should be a staple in every home. Plantain salve is easy to make, contains few ingredients, has long shelf life and is great for bruises, bumps, rashes, bites and irritations.
3 cups of dried plantain leaf chopped or ground
1 25 oz bottle of Olive Oil
3 ounces of beeswaX
4 cup Pyrex measuring cup
1. Place a large pot of water on the stove, immerse the Pyrex measuring cup into the water so the waterline reaches about halfway up the cup.
2. In the Pyrex measuring cup, combine plantain leaf and olive oil.
3. Monitoring the temperature of the oil, aim for a sustained temperature of about 130 to 150 degrees F
4. Allow this mixture to slowly cook for at least 2 hours but up to 10
5. Strain oil into another measuring cup. Make sure to squeeze out any remaining oil from the plant material using a muslin cloth.
6. Place the oil back into the Pyrex and add 3 ounces of beeswax. (For every 8 ounces of oil, use 1 ounce of beeswax)
7. Heat the oil until the beeswax has dissolved.
8. Place into a clean container/containers of choice. Label and enjoy!